I used to eat meatballs all the time when I was a kid; in fact, I used to eat those special meatballs from IKEA (no shame). Recently, I started craving meatballs, and although there are so many recipes out there, something I am really trying to focus on as I am growing my blog and content is create things that are DOABLE. I am a college student and I work my ass off to be completely honest. I want to show people that being busy doesn’t mean being unhealthy. So, I decided to create a meatball recipe using only 5 ingredients: ground turkey, an egg, almond flour, zucchini, and spices. They take only about ten minutes to assemble and 30 minutes to bake! Enjoy.
16 oz package of organic ground turkey
one medium sized zucchini, chopped
1/3 cup almond flour
spices: pepper, sea salt, 1.5 tbsp chopped garlic, (anything else you want to add– ginger, paprika, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and mix together with (washed) hands
- Form meat into medium sized balls
- Space them out on a baking pan coated in avocado oil
- Bake meatballs on 350F for 20 minutes
- Turn oven on BROIL and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes
- Enjoy with organic spinach and organic red sauce
- Add cheese or “cheeze”! My favorite new find is the Almond Cheese from Real Good Juice Co.
- Add in some other veggies along with or instead of the zucchini (squash, onion, spinach, etc)