My favorite meal when I was younger was my mom’s breaded chicken with mashed potatoes… and ranch! So good. I combined my childhood favorite meal with my “now” favorite brand: Siete Foods, and made delicious, Paleo Tortilla crusted chicken. I do have a delicious recipe for Cauliflower mash, but that’s coming later. I wanted this recipe to be doable and super easy, so I made it have only about 5 ingredients! Enjoy (:
1/2 lb of organic chicken (about two large chicken breasts)
two big handfuls of Siete Foods Nacho Grain Free Tortilla Chips (about 1/2 the bag)
2 pastured organic eggs (I recommend Vital Farms)
1/4 cup Cassava Flour (I reccommend Otto’s) *You can sub for Coconut Flour, haven’t tested almond flour*
Marinade: 1/8 cup avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder (any other spices of your choice)
- Place the chicken breasts and marinade in a large baggy overnight or for several hours (OR, just pour the marinade over the chicken right before you bake it)
- Preheat the oven at 350F
- Put the Nacho chips in a large baggy and crush them up into small pieces
- Set up your space: place the Cassava flour in one bowl, scramble the eggs in another bowl, and the crushed chips in a third bowl
- If you didn’t marinade the chicken overnight, pour it over the chicken now
- Coat the chicken in the scrambled egg batter, then coat it in Cassava flour, then dip back in the egg batter, and then coat it in the Nacho chips (I recommend doing this once chicken breast at a time)
- Once all the chicken is fully coated, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Sprinkle the rest of the crushed chips on top of the chicken
- Bake the chicken for 45 minutes and enjoy!
- Enjoy with Primal Kitchen Foods Paleo Ranch dressing, Tessemae’s honey mustard, or your other favorite dipping sauce!