I’ve been feeling super under the weather and needing some pick-me-up shots! My go-to shots have always been gingery one’s in order to boost my immune system, but I really didn’t want to venture outside my dorm to go spend a fortune on shots from a juice bar, so I decided to make my own. My roommate and photographer, Allyson Manzella had been wanting to make ginger shots, so we went ahead and threw all our superfoods together that we had on hand, and created these DIY ginger spiraling shots! You don’t even need a juicer!
Also: exciting news. I discovered this company, Stakich, that makes a bunch of different superfoods and bee products. I am SUPER into their spirulina because it comes in a giant container, it’s certified organic, and it’s extremely affordable compared to other brands. I also have a 15% off code for ya’ll if you’re interested in their spirulina, or any of the other products. Enter “SAM15” at checkout and receive 15% off, but that’s not even all! If you make any purchase in the month of November using my code, “SAM15” you get entered to win a grand prize gift basket on December 1. So, why not load up on your superfoods, get a discount, and get entered to win a kickass prize!? Win-win situation if you ask me. If you have any questions about their products, I would be happy to answer!
Ingredients *this amount of ingredients make two full ginger shots*
2 tbsp peeled and chopped organic fresh ginger root
1/4 cup filtered water (I used Essentia, but any water will do)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp Stakich Spirulina Powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp Bulletproof Brain Octane (optional)
one pinch of black pepper
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- For ginger: Peel ginger root with a knife and then chop it very finely (I recommend using a slap chopper, because this part is tedious)
- Combine ginger along with all other ingredients into a high powered blender
- Blend until mixture is smooth
- Optional: pour your mixture through a strainer or cheese cloth (it can turn out a bit chunky if not)
- Plug your nose and take that shot!
- Add in some of your favorite produce and make it a juice!
- Add in any more of your favorite superfoods!
- Add 1/4 tsp or more of honey to make it a little more bearable!