Mint chocolate is a flavor I’ve always loved. Ice cream, cookies, you name it! I took a basic Paleo Chocolate Chip cookie and spiced it up with some minty goodness! One of my favorite Paleo chocolate bars is from Hu Kitchen, and their mint chocolate flavor is so good! I have also been really into cooking with essential oils lately. The brand, Young Living, makes a Vitality line of essential oils that are safe to cook with and ingest. The peppermint one is perfect for desserts or smoothies, and you can add extra drops or less drops of oil to make it as minty, or not, as you want!
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 bar of Hu Kitchen Mint Chocolate Bar
1 drops peppermint Young Living Vitality essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl except for chocolate
- Chop up the Hu Kitchen Mint Chocolate Bar into small chunks and add as much of the chocolate in as you would like
- Mix in chocolate with rest of ingredients
- Let batter sit for five minutes (it may seem runny at first but it will thicken)
- Spray baking pan with avocado oil
- Form cookies into flat, thick, discs (they won’t rise or spread while cooking)
- Bake in over at 350F for 15-18 minutes
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator to keep them fresh.
- Add more or less Peppermint oil depending on how strong you want the peppermint taste to be.
- Enjoy dipped in almond butter or with sea salt sprinkled on top.